VirtueMart vs J2Store? I'm rebuilding an old Joomla Community and plan to sell some special items for my users

Quation Form Joomla Group From Facebook
Davide Bartolucci

VirtueMart vs J2Store? I'm rebuilding an old Joomla Community and plan to sell some special items for my users

Postby Davide Bartolucci » Sun 16 Dec 2018 3:47 pm

VirtueMart vs J2Store? I'm rebuilding an old Joomla Community and plan to sell some special items for my users, is J2Store a good choice now? Thx in advance!

EDIT: I'm likely to be the only one managing the store
EDIT2: I plan to orient my eCommerce as dropshipping, products will be less than 50 at start but it could rapidly increase if there's enough demand.

Re: VirtueMart vs J2Store? I'm rebuilding an old Joomla Community and plan to sell some special items for my users

Postby Guest » Sun 16 Dec 2018 3:50 pm

Sheldon Seale If by heavy order volumes, you mean 50 orders a day (as mentioned in your other post), it should handle it with no issue. If you mean 50 orders a minute (that's heavy volume), I would have concerns.

What's heavy inventory? 500 items, 5,000 items, 25,000 items? How often do they change (judging from the nature of your business, it will change a lot based on what you can find to refurbish - especially if you are buying in bulk - like when a large office changes all of their hardware - yes, I am somewhat familiar with that business model).

J2Store items are simply articles. The J2Store add-ons are what provide the pricing and inventory levels. It also integrates with various shipping options (like UPS) and, as I mentioned before, there are a lot of payment gateways.

Unless you have a really large volume (1,000 orders a day and 25,000 items with massive turnover), I think you would be well served by J2Store.

Your mileage may vary...