I'm in the process of updating my Joomla and PHPBB forum to the latest version.

Quation Form Joomla Group From Facebook
Paul Aldridge‎

I'm in the process of updating my Joomla and PHPBB forum to the latest version.

Postby Paul Aldridge‎ » Sun 25 Nov 2018 11:36 am

Paul Aldridge‎ wrote:I understand this is probably the wrong place to ask this as my question is only partly Joomla related, but I'm hoping someone may have come accross this problem before.

I'm in the process of updating my Joomla and PHPBB forum to the latest version. I have been working on a clean install of Joomla Version 3.9.0, and seperately updated my forum to the latest version.

This week I asked my host to migrate Joomla and PHPBB to a holding folder on their server and encountered a couple of problems.

Where I was developing the site the latest version of PHP was 7.2.10 but on the holding site they only have 7.2.12 which gives the white screen of death. I suspect a module, plugin or the template isn't compatible with 7.2.12.

The forum has been restored to a sub-folder/forum, but when I navigate there my browser tries to download 'application/octet-stream' instead of displaying the forum.

Does anyone have any suggestions please..

Tony Fellas

Re: I'm in the process of updating my Joomla and PHPBB forum to the latest version.

Postby Tony Fellas » Sun 25 Nov 2018 11:39 am

Tony Fellas wrote: If your on cpanel set the php back to php 7.2.10. Then solve. Maybe the module isn’t updated yet.

Tony Partridge

Re: I'm in the process of updating my Joomla and PHPBB forum to the latest version.

Postby Tony Partridge » Sun 25 Nov 2018 11:39 am

Tony Partridge wrote: Hi Paul, php version isn’t relevant . 7.2.x wouldn’t break a site. Sounds like you have some php modules missing compared to your live site.